Dr Ong Kee Leong is a fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon with a subspecialty in shoulder and knee surgery. He has been registered with the Singapore Medical Council as a specialist in Orthopaedic Surgery since 2011.
- MBBS, National University of Singapore (NUS) Faculty of Medicine 2001
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2007
- Master of Medicine in Orthopaedic Surgery (NUS) 2007
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Orthopaedic Surgery 2011
- Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) Scholarship, Ministry of Health 2012-2013:Sports Surgery and Arthroscopy in Germany (Hannover)
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, Lee Kong Chian Medical School, Nanyang Technological University
- Senior Clinical Lecturer, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS
ORTHOPAEDIC EXPERTISE IN SPORTS, SHOULDER AND KNEE CONDITIONS
Dr Ong has over 15 years of experience in the treatment of general orthopaedic conditions, including musculoskeletal injuries and fractures of the upper and lower limbs. In addition, he subspecializes in the management of sports injuries and degenerative conditions of the shoulder and knee joints. Shoulder conditions include shoulder instability, rotator cuff conditions, frozen shoulders, acromioclavicular joint disruption and clavicle fractures. Knee conditions include ligament, meniscus injuries, patella instability and osteoarthritis. Knee joint preservation techniques such as cartilage regeneration or osteotomies are often employed to help the patient restore joint function as quickly as possible.
During his fellowship in Germany, Dr Ong trained under renowned surgeons Prof P. Lobenhoffer, Prof J. Agneskirchner and Dr M. Troger. He performed numerous complex shoulder and knee surgeries for athletes of all ages.
AWARDS AND TEACHING
Dr Ong had received numerous awards such as Best Service and Eastern Health Alliance Caring (Gold) Awards. He also has an interest in clinical research and has written papers in multiple peer review journals. As a Core Faculty of Singhealth Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, he oversees the training of junior orthopaedic surgeons. Dr Ong is regularly invited to teach local and regional surgeons in Shoulder and Knee Surgery Courses. He is a recipient of multiple teaching awards including the Singhealth Residency Outstanding Faculty Awards from 2014-2016 and Changi General Hospital Outstanding Educator Awards 2015-2016.
Believing exercise and sports to be the best medicine, Dr Ong is passionate about getting his patients back in the game and staying in the game. He is active in squash, running and cycling. Together with his sons, he is also training hard to rise up the ranks in ShinKyokushin Karate.
English, Mandarin, Malay, Hokkien